UI / UX Designer (m/f/d)
Full time - immediate start possible - Berlin Hackescher Markt
Our SaaS product Parloa is used by teams to develop voice applications such as Amazon Alexa Skills or Google Assistant Actions. Our team of excellent developers is familiar with technical requirements and implementation. Now we need you as the voice of the user in our team to create an even more intuitive user experience for Parloa. Especially in the field of voice interfaces and language assistants, you play a key role as an UX / UI designer. To give you an idea of what work looks like, we give you insights into the role, our team and us as a company, so you can decide for yourself if you are interested in working with us. If you have any further questions, please contact us.
About the Role
Outstanding experiences in voice applications require outstanding tools – that’s what we offer with Parloa. As an UX / UI designer you play one of the key roles in shaping the success of the product.
- Goal: Design the entire Parloa user experience to best support teams in creating voice applications.
- User empathy: You use the close contact to our customers to independently identify problems and new use cases by interviews, ghosting & methods that you consider suitable.
- Prototyping & Testing: You prepare new features using prototype tools such as Invision, so that you can check them – ideally before development – in usability tests with users.
- Cross-functional collaboration: You work independently with the product owner, developers, and users to appropriately address their needs while keeping the time for the developers low.
- Interface design: You design the interface of new features from the first scribbles to the high fidelity UI design and extend and improve the existing design system.
- You have an affinity for language assistants and believe – as we do – in the future of language as a user interface.
- You’ve gained more than three years of professional experience as a UX / UI designer and are proficient in Sketch and Invision.
- You have an open, communicative way and shape your work independently in the cross-functional team.
- You’ve gained experience with usability testing and are able to use this tool on your own.
- You have a technical (frontend) understanding with you and have in the past designed together with developers.
Parloa makes it easy for teams to develop voice applications such as Amazon Alexa Skills or Google Assistant Actions. There are two primary roles in these teams: Voice UX designer and developer. Parloa simplifies the collaboration of the roles and enables the Voice UX designer to independently design and test dialogues with Parloa. Parloa is currently in closed beta and is used by Ergo, Edeka Digital and AOK, among others.
The company behind Parloa is the voice agency Future of Voice. Future of Voice is Germany’s leading agency for the development of voice applications on language assistants such as Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant. Future of Voice has grown organically to 14 people since the start of 2016. Our customers include Bayerischer Rundfunk, VGH, Evonik and WWF.
Only those who like their work will create outstanding experiences. It is therefore important to us that everyone in our team enjoys their work and sees meaning in it. We have a good time together and created an office in which we enjoy spending time: we offer kicker, dart, drinks, BBQ, new MacBook Pros, good public transport connection (Alexanderplatz), lunch talks, team events and a good amount of laughs.
If the role and our company culture appeals to you, we look forward to hearing from you! Please send your application (resume / Xing / LinkedIn profile, portfolio and salary expectations) to Stefan (firstname.lastname@example.org).